Sunday, August 1, 2010

RACHEL CAMPOS-DUFFY

Rachel Campos Duffy



Rachel Campos-Duffy discovered the precious meaning of being involved in the home life of her children rather gradually at first.

"I was a finalist for co-host of ABC’s The View twice," Rachel explained in a May 7, 2010 interview for the NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE http://article.nationalreview.com/433755/a-real-housewife-of-wisconsin/kathryn-jean-lopez?page=1.The second time I narrowly lost out in the competition, it occurred to me that I was already doing what God was calling me to do — being home, taking care of my kids. Before that, I sort of thought I was “between gigs,” waiting for my next big break. My oldest was five at that time, and I was starting to see the fruits of my time at home with them — their manners and sense of compassion, the things that happen when you parent well. As I began to appreciate what I was doing as a mom, I simultaneously became aware of how little the culture values it."

But since she has found her true calling, she has embraced it with a fervor that only a dedicated stay-at-home mom would proudly advocate - so much so that she wrote about it:
Stay Home, Stay Happy - 10 Secrets to Loving At-Home Motherhood http://us.penguingroup.com/nf/Book/BookDisplay/0,,9780451228079,00.html# was released in 2009. The celebrity mom and wife of 7th congressional candidate




She also is active in her own local politics. She is currently the Communications Director for the Wisconsin Federation of Republican Women http://www.wifrw.org/ohana/website/index.cfm?p=95575656375.

According to IMDB http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0133309/bio, Rachel, grew up in a military family with her father, Miguel, being a CM Sgt in the Air Force. Her mother Pili is from Spain. Born on October 22, 1971, she has 3 siblings; brothers, Joe and Patrick, and sister, Leah. She graduated from Desert High School at Edwards AFB, CA in 1989. Wikipedia states she graduated from Arizona State University in December 1993 with a degree in Economics. She tried out for and then was cast for the MTV Reality Show: Real World San Francisco in 1994 as a conservative. After her role in the series was over, she also appeared in Road Rules: All Stars in 1998, a reality show featuring alumni from all of the past Real World shows.

It is a well-known fact that Rachel met husband Sean Duffy on the Road Rules: All Stars set in 1998, but it is not as well known that union wouldn't have happened if during the filming of the 5th season of the Real World; 1997, Rachel's life took another, fateful turn. She was involved in a major car accident traveling at the time with her fiance, who was a producer for the Real World. Says Rachel in her PARENTDISH blog on September 9, 2009:

"Thirteen years ago, I survived a head-on collision after the driver of an oncoming vehicle fell asleep at the wheel. The accident was gruesome. My boyfriend and his friend, the driver of our rental car, died in the accident. I was ejected out of the passenger-side window and sustained very serious injuries to my right leg that still affect me today (I have arthritis, a limp and difficulty running)."

Afterward she got together with Sean and they were married on April 4, 1999. In the National Review Online article, Rachel recalls:

"We fell in love and married while I was auditioning for The View. The deal we made was if I got the job, we’d move to New York City. If I didn’t, I would move to Hayward, Wisconsin, his hometown. I didn’t get the job, and I moved from Beverly Hills to rural Wisconsin. I have fallen in love with the people of Wisconsin for the same reasons I fell in love with Sean. They are kind, unassuming, good-natured, and honest."

Rachel and Sean now have 6 children together: Evita Pilar, Xavier Jack, Lucia-Belen, John-Paul, Paloma Pilar and MariaVictoria Margarita. Her most recent, MariaVictoria was regarded as a high-risk pregnancy but the Duffy's didn't consider any other option but bringing the baby to full term.

Rachel was able to give me some of her thoughts about the decision to write her book, her activities, and her life as a dedicated stay-at-home mother and wife of a candidate in a major congressional race.


Read the rest at: http://conservativefeatures.com/?p=1868

No comments:

Post a Comment